Simple ‘naked’ corn on the cob, grilled direct, without husks. Smoky, slightly nutty, sweet and delicious.
- 2 Large ears of corn
- 2 tbsp butter (optional)
- Salt (optional)
Prep the corn:
- Remove husks
- Remove as much corn silk as possible
- Very lightly oil / butter to prevent sticking to the grill
Set up your grill:
- Set up for direct grilling, medium heat, approx 350 °F at grate level
- Simply place the corn directly onto the grate over the hot coals. Close the lid and use vents to keep grill temperature at approx 350 °F
- Turn the corn every 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown all over, but not black.
Don’t get crazy trying to remove all the corn silk, just remove what comes off easily. The rest will burn off as you grill.
Try cooking halfway through, then covering in butter, then adding a light dusting (small amount) of a spicy dry rub that has some chili heat. Trust me, it works incredibly well.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: BBQ sides
- Method: Direct heat grilling
- Cuisine: BBQ
Keywords: BBQ corn on the cob, grilled corn on the cob, barbecue corn, BBQ corn, grilled corn